Songs of Victory




I was in church during Sunday service and while the sermon was going on, I heard a voice saying; "songs of victory", I could not understand at first but I heard it again and again, at that moment I remembered a story in the bible, when Deborah and Barak, the son of Abinoam had won a Battle; "On that day Deborah and Barak, son of Abinoam, sang this song" -
Judges 5:1.


Songs of victory are heritage for the children of God because we are already more than conquerors, how sweet is it to know that a battle you are fighting has already been won, Jesus said : “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33.

What I failed to realize was that songs of victory should be part of our daily walk with Christ, we don't have to wait until we see the light at the end of the tunnel, for Christ has done it all already. Having that assurance should give us confidence that all will be well, we are not moved by the challenges we see or the situations we find ourselves, we are only moved by the words of Christ which says "I have overcome the world".

Therefore, we can beautifully sing the songs of victory all day because our victory is here!

Written By Sam Owolabi

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post